Webster Parish schools earn 'green' award | Arts & Culture
The Webster Parish School Board, with help from Storer Building Services, earned a Sustainability Award in the "Operational Excellence Champion" category.
The award honors those that have shown a commitment to the sustainable operations of a facility.
Representatives from Webster Parish Schools and Storer Building Services accepted the award at a Sustainability Leadership Awards Reception in September in Lafayette.
Kim Mitchell, of the architecture firm Sutton, Mitchell, Beebe & Babin, nominated the school board. The architecture firm designed Minden High School and Webster Jr. High.
Webster Parish schools was nominated "due to the dedication and investment from the Webster Parish School Board to run an energy efficient school."
The school board paired up with Storer Building Services to lower their utility expense and ensure the school facilities operated as a “green” building.
Thousands of dollars have been saved in utility expense and the emissions from the school have also been lowered reducing their carbon footprint.
Both schools have seen a significant increase in their Energy Star rating.
For more information, contact
- Webster Parish School Board Superintendent Steve Dozier (318-377-7052)
- Storer Services President Craig Storer (318-865-1466)
- Kim Mitchell (318-221-1623)
Upcoming Events near Northwest Louisiana
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference