NSU Marching Contest set for Saturday | Arts & Culture
Thirty high school marching bands from Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi are participating in the annual Northwestern State University Marching Contest on Saturday, Nov. 3, in Turpin Stadium.
The contest begins at 10:15 a.m. The Spirit of Northwestern Marching Band performs at 5 p.m. The awards presentation is at 5:15 p.m. Admission is $5.
Participating in Classification I are Benton, Avoyelles, Buckeye, DeQuincy, Bossier, Woodlawn of Baton Rouge, St. Pius X (Texas), Loreauville, Port Allen and Hooks (Texas).
Classification II bands are Caldwell Parish, Grant, Pineville, Tioga and Byrd.
Competing in Classification III are Zachary, E.D. White, Dayton (Texas) and Mabank (Texas),
Those in Classification IV are Walker, West Ouachita, Centennial (Texas) Parkway and Airline.
For more information on the contest, go to demonband.nsula.edu/marching-contest.
Upcoming Events near Northwest Louisiana
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference