Cane River will be open for Christmas festival | Arts & Culture
Cane River Patrol advises that Cane River Lake is now open to boating traffic.
They say that boaters should navigate the waters carefully because the lake is still experiencing low water conditions.
Until the lake rises, the new designated no-wake zone area is 400 yards south of Hwy. 1 (south drive) bridge, marked by a no-wake buoy, through the downtown area to the north dam.
Within that area, there are two red buoys marking extreme low water, and authorities advise extra caution.
There are two yellow ball buoys marking the required safety zone for the fireworks display(s) in the downtown area.
Authorities say boaters are required to stay behind these buoys during the display.
For more information, call Betty Fuller at 318-617-3235.
Upcoming Events near Northwest Louisiana
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference