Professor's sculpture accepted to biennial competition | Arts & Culture
Michael Yankowski, professor of art at Northwestern State University has been has been accepted into the Louisiana Purchase Second National Biennial Competition sponsored by Louisiana Tech University. Yankowski is one of 49 artists selected from entrants across the country.
Yankowski’s wood and mixed mediawork is entitled “As a Mustard Seed” and is constructed of black walnut, fabricated metal and artist’s oils. The wall hanging box opens to reveal biblical references to the mustard seed as metaphors for hope and faith.
It was on exhibit in September at the 2012 NSU Art Faculty Exhibition in the Orville Hanchey Gallery.
The Biennial Competition will be on display January 15 to February 19 at the F. J. Taylor Arts Center on the Louisiana Tech Campus in Ruston.
Dr. Paul Manoguerra, chief curator of American art at the Georgia Museum of Art, served as juror for the exhibition.
Upcoming Events near Northwest Louisiana
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference