Kisatchie National Forest waives fees on Martin Luther King Jr. weekend | Arts & Culture
In recognition of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, the U.S. Forest Service will waive all fees at recreational sites in Kisatchie National Forest, with the exception of camping on Caney Lakes on the Caney Ranger District and on the Calcasieu Ranger District.
The fees will be waived starting Saturday, Jan. 19 until Monday, Jan. 27. All other recreational activities requiring a fee will be waived.
“Kisatchie National Forest is pleased to waive fees during this weekend in observance of Martin Luther King Jr.," says Mike Balboni, Kisatchie National Forest Supervisor.
“This is a perfect time of year to camp, hike, mountain bike and explore all the recreational opportunities KNF has to offer.”
For more information about Kisatchie National Forest or this fee free weekend contact the Forest
Supervisor’s office in Pineville at (318) 473-7160.
Upcoming Events near Northwest Louisiana
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference