Radio group raises $25K for Natchitoches children | Business
More than $25,000 in cash and toys was raised over the weekend, which will help make this a Merry Christmas for many boys and girls in the Natchitoches area.
The 16th Annual Radio M*A*S*H (Make A Smile Happen) collected $25,593 in toys and cash during their toy drive held at the Natchitoches Wal-Mart from December 8-10.
Each December, Elite Radio Group moves its three radio stations (94.9 The River, Talk 106.5 and NewsTalk 1450 KNOC) to a tent and the Wal-Mart and broadcasts for 54 hours, raising money and collecting toys for the Natchitoches Area Jaycees.
"I am very glad to see the generosity of the Natchitoches community turned out out to help our children at Christmas. I cannot imagine growing up without a Christmas present under the tree," said Elite Radio Groups Operations Director Lou Bennett.
Sponsors helped out the radio staff by providing food, tables and chairs, and propane to power the heaters.
100% of everything donated goes to the Jaycees for their toy drive.
Upcoming Events near Northwest Louisiana
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference