NSU student awarded LA Association of Business scholarship | Business
Northwestern State University student Ashley O’Corr Davis of Pleasant Hill was selected as the recipient of the 2012 Louisiana Association of Business Educators Postsecondary Scholarship, a one-semester award of $500.
Davis is a senior pursuing a degree in accounting through Northwestern State’s School of Business. Scholarship recipients must maintain a 2.5 grade point average and hold at least a 3.5 GPA in all business courses, take 30 hours of business courses, be a full-time student and a member of Phi Beta Lambda. Davis, who plans to graduate in May, enjoys working with the public and is interested in a career in banking.
“I have always been drawn to business but I did not want to specifically focus on just business,” she said. “I thought that accounting would help me learn more aspects of business. I also enjoy numbers. There are many possibilities out there for accountants.”
For more information on degree programs offered through Northwestern State’s School of Business, visit business.nsula.edu.
Upcoming Events near Northwest Louisiana
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference