New CNG filling station opens in Red River Parish | Business
A new CNG fueling station in Red River Parish is providing drivers who fuel their cars with compressed natural gas another place to fill up. The station is located at 1392 Hwy. 84 E. in Coushatta.
For the moment, that makes two operational CNG stations in northwest Louisiana, the other one being in Bossier City at the corner of Benton Rd. and Texas St. However at least seven more public CNG stations are set to open within the next nine months.
According to the Department of Energy, natural gas-vehicles burn cleaner that petrolem-based gasoline. It's also possible to convert some current production vehicles to run either solely on natural gas or on both natural gas and regular gasoline.
On average, natural gas vehicles cost less to fill up than gasoline-only vehicles. It's also possible to use the gas connection in your home to fill up your natural gas vehicle.
Upcoming Events near Northwest Louisiana
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference