Saints visit Springhill teen in N.O. hospital | Community Spirit
Weeks after Jared Dunn collapsed because of a then-undiagnosed medical condition, he got to meet a few members of the New Orleans Saints football team.
Dunn, 14, met the players Tuesday when the Saints paid a visit to the pediatric ward at Oschners Medical Center in New Orleans.
The teen was at Oschners to have a defibrillator implanted because of a heart condition. Dunn's condition was discovered after he passed out while with friends, one of whom performed CPR on him.
During the Saints visit, Dunn got to meet the players and get autographs. The players also handed out gifts to kids at the hospital.
Dunn's family expresses their thanks to the Saints players, the Ochners staff and to all Webster Parish residents who kept in touch during Dunn's recovery.
Upcoming Events near Northwest Louisiana
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference