Former Red River Police Juror indicted for abuse of office | Crime
A former Red River Parish Police Juror was arrested Tuesday on charges of abuse of office.
Back in June of 2011, the Red River Parish District Attorney asked the Louisiana State Police to look into allegations that Police Juror Billy Joe Gay of Hall Summit had used Police Jury resources for personal work.
State Police Detectives say back in June of 2010, Gay used on-duty Police Jury employees and Police Jury equipment to deliver and install parish-owned culverts, dirt and foundation rock, which was used to make improvements to his personal property.
Tuesday, the Red River Parish Grand Jury indicted Gay on one count of malfeasance in office and one count of abuse of office. Gay surrendered Wednesday morning to authorities and was booked into the parish jail.
Gay resigned from the Police Jury in August of this year.
Copyright 2011 KSLA-TV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Northwest Louisiana
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference