Shooting leaves one injured in DeSoto Parish | Crime
STONEWALL, LA (KSLA)- A struggle between two men armed with handguns resulted in one of them being critically injured in Stonewall on Tuesday.
It happened just before 2:00 p.m. at a home in the 100 block of Griffin Drive.
DeSoto Parish Sheriff's investigators say 37-year-old Billy Haywood of Dallas, Texas was shot in the abdomen after a verbal confrontation between him and the homeowner, 48-year-old Robert Richard. Both men had handguns, and one of the weapons went off during the struggle.
Investigators say Richard called 911 to report the incident and request an ambulance.
Haywood was taken to LSU Health, where he is listed in critical condition. The investigation is ongoing.
Copyright 2012 KSLA. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Northwest Louisiana
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference