Minden K-9 dies over the weekend | Crime
The Minden Police Department has lost the only member of its K-9 unit.
Kash, a German Shephard and a five-year veteran with the department, died at his handler's home on Sunday. He was 8-years-old.
His only handler during his time on the force was Officer Danny Turner.
Two of Kash's biggest busts include sniffing out nine kilograms of cocaine after a traffic stop along I-20. About a year ago Kash was part of a bust where he found 400 pounds of marijuana.
Kash's veterinarian believes he died from a non-heat related heart attack.
Upcoming Events near Northwest Louisiana
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference