Ringgold Police Chief dies after sudden illness | Crime
Ringgold Police Chief Lawson Bradley passed away on August 12 after suddenly becoming ill on Wednesday night.
According to Ringgold City Hall, 71-year-old Chief Bradley died from a stroke and heart attack while being treated at Willis-Knighton Pierremont.
Chief Bradley had a long career in law enforcement. He worked for the Bienville Parish Sheriff's Office for 24 years, then was at the Ringgold Police Department for the past 14 years. He spent three months as Interim Police Chief before taking the office permanently in 2003. He was Police Chief for 10 years.
Chief Bradley was also a U.S. Army veteran, serving two of those years in Vietnam, and was the Secretary, Treasurer and Commissioner of the parish's Fire Protection District Ward 4 and Ward 5.
Bradley was serving his third term in office, which ends in December of 2014. An interim police chief will be named until the town can hold an election.
Upcoming Events near Northwest Louisiana
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference