LSP setting up DWI checkpoint in Webster Parish | Crime
Louisiana State Police will set up a DWI Checkpoint from 10 - 12 p.m. on Friday, September 14 somewhere in Webster Parish. Their goal is to find impaired drivers and get them off the road before anyone gets hurt.
Last year, Troop G investigated 25 fatal crashes. Of those 25 crashes, 12 (48%) involved impaired drivers (alcohol and/or drugs). Motorists are asked to remember to designate a sober driver before traveling to any place where alcohol will be consumed. Drive sober or get pulled over.
To report impaired drivers, motorists are encouraged to dial *LSP (*577) from their cellular phone or to contact their local law enforcement agency.
Support for this checkpoint is provided by the Louisiana Highway Safety Commission.
Upcoming Events near Northwest Louisiana
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference