Kisatchie National Forest hosts 'Celebrating Wildflowers' event | Environment
Original release by: Kisatchie National Forest
Kisatchie National Forest will host its annual “Celebrating Wildflowers Event” on Saturday, May 12, 2012 with a prairie tour on the Winn Ranger District.
The tour will begin at the Winn Ranger District Work Center at 9:30 a.m. This guided tour is free and open to the public.
David Moore, Forest Botanist, with Kisatchie National Forest will lead the tour.
Tour participants should expect to see some native prairie plants including Blue Sage, Blue-Eyed Grass, Butterfly Weed, Fern Acacia, Neptunia, Pale Purple Coneflower, Partridge Pea, Poppy Mallow, Prairie Parsley and much more.
Participants are asked to bring a bag lunch and plenty of water. For more information about this tour contact Shannon Sharp at (318) 765-3554 or the Forest Supervisor’s Office at (318) 473-7160.
Copyright 2012 KSLA. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Northwest Louisiana
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference