Ban on deer hunting with dogs in Kisatchie lifted | Environment
A ban on using dogs for deer hunting in Kisatchie National Forest has been lifted. Hunters with dogs may hunt in Kisatchie National Forest from Dec. 15 - Dec. 23. Permits are required for all deer hunters during this period of time. Permits are available at the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries offices and their website www.wlf.la.gov.
The U.S. Forest Service issued the ban on deer hunting with dogs in Kisatchie at the end of February 2012. The head office in Washington affirmed the decision at the end of September 2012. In mid-November, the Louisiana Sportsmen Alliance, LLC. filed a lawsuit to have the ban lifted.
Until a decision on the lawsuit is made, the ban on deer hunting with dogs in Kisatchie will not be in effect.
All Kisatchie National Forest hunting seasons for the 2012-2013 season are described in the Louisiana Hunting Regulations publication distributed by the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries pages 81 through 84.
For additional information please contact Jim Caldwell at (318) 473-7168 or at (318) 613-1048 or Mike Balboni at (318) 473-7102.
Upcoming Events near Northwest Louisiana
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference