Gov. Jindal promotes more jobs in NW Louisiana | News
Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal visited Ruston to promote more jobs in Northwest Louisiana Monday.
Mortgage Contracting Services officials announced a new facility will be opened in Ruston that will create more than 200 new jobs. MCS works with major mortgage firms to protect neighborhoods from becoming rundown and to keep properties from becoming vacant.
MCS officials say they looked at several other cities before choosing Ruston but were attracted by the community and dedication from city officials pushing for new employers.
Jindal also took time to talk about the presidential race and rumors about him being a contender for the vice president slot. "I’m certainly supporting Mitt Romney and encouraging people to vote for Mitt Romney. In terms of V-P, we've said I've got the job I want. We're not going to speculate on who the governor will pick. We'll leave that to the Romney campaign,” says Jindal.
Copyright 2012 KSLA. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Northwest Louisiana
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference