LA DOTD to close state highway in Claiborne Parish | Transportation
Upcoming bridge work by the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development will shut down a state road in Claiborne Parish.
The bridge work will be on LA Hwy. 520, just north of its intersection with U.S. Hwy. 79. Crews will close down the road at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, October 8. Crews will spend about five days repairing the bridge pilings.
Since the bridge will be completely shut down, drivers will need to use U.S. Hwy. 70 LA Alt. Hwy. 2 as a detour.
DOTD says the closure should only be about five days weather permitting.
Upcoming Events near Northwest Louisiana
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference